What is the difference between the competitors tubing and Marine Exhaust System's tubing?
Here are the many reasons why our fiberglass tubing is superior to the competition:
Unmatched quality with all hand lay up fiberglass fabrication:
- Our tubing is fabricated with multiple layers of biaxial strand fiberglass and encapsulated with Vinylester fire retardant (Class 1)... Hetron FR 998 resin.
- Far more shock absorbent and resilient - will not shatter
- Unlike bromated polyester resin, our fire retardant vinylester resin does not absorb water at high temperatures
- excellent chemical resistance
- Less likely than filament wound tubing to "weep" through side wall tubing due to materials and fabrication techniques
- Excellent hose sealing properties, especially when compared to filament wound tubing.
- Continuous temperature rating: up to 250 degrees F (much higher intermittently)
- Smoother exterior finish than filament wound tubing
Bright white gelcoat or "show quality" finish is available upon request for an additional fee.
All prices are for raw tubing (not gelcoated or painted)
316L Stainless steel crush resistant rings available separately for customer installation (see accessories to purchase)